Tips To Choose Best Skincare Products According To Your Skin Type
When we step out to buy products for our skin or browse online stores, there is a myriad of options just waiting for us. Unfortunately, this and the many beauty influences promoting expensive and recently launched products leaves us more confounded. With countless products available for both men and women, one might find it difficult to select the best option. But buying the right product that nourishes your skin should not be a battle and a point of stress. If you follow your skin’s requirements and carefully read the labels of different products, you will get to the products that were made for you.
From the right face scrub to the best toner for oily skin, you will find all of them at your perusal if you do the research. Where to start, though? Right here! Here are a few things to keep in mind before buying skincare products.
- Choose According To Your Skin Type
You can only seek out the best skin care products if you know your skin type. Thus, figuring out whether you have a normal, dry, oily, or sensitive skin is the first step on your journey of revamping your skincare regime. Oily skin can handle almost all type of products thus you can take risks but when it comes to acne-prone or highly sensitive skin, knowing what suits you best is going to help you get that flawless and healthy skin.
- Oily Skin – When it comes to oily skin, the operative word is excess sebum production. To control this, use products containing Benzoyl Peroxide and alpha hyaluronic acid. The latter helps in hydrating the skin. Best face moisturizer for oily skin is lightweight and come with non-comedogenic formula and sunscreen.
- Dry Skin – Instead of lotion, dry skin is better equipped to handle cream and ointment. It is less irritating, and creams with jojoba oil, shea butter or lactic acid are your best friends. The best moisturizer for dry skin has these ingredients.
- Sensitive Skin – When it comes to sensitive skin, the lesser ingredients your product has, the better. Some of the best-suited elements for this skin type are aloe, chamomile, green tea and even shea butter.
- Not Jump On The Bandwagon
Once you know your skin type, it is essential to seek out products that will benefit you. It can be easy to get carried away with the packaging, glowing reviews and your favourite influencer’s recommendations. But, when it comes to your skin, only the best will do, and that doesn’t have to match with what is trending. Look for ingredients and how effective it will be your skin type to get the optimum results.
- Check The Active Ingredients And Expiry Date
Now you know what ingredients will contribute to the betterment of your skin. Keeping this in mind, check the active ingredients when you are reading the label of the product you plan to purchase. All the ingredients are listed in the descending order of concentration. And as a general rule, the top five elements should be your focus as it amounts to 80% of the entire mixture. Make sure the ingredients you are looking for are in the top five if you end up buying the product.
Needless to say, when you are checking the list of active ingredients, quickly scan through the expiry date. Some products expire 12, 24 or 36 months after you open the bottle. Note time when you do so to keep a check on when it will expire.
- Steer Clear From These Ingredients
You already know what ingredients to look for when you browse for that face scrub, face cleanser or night cream for oily skin. What about the ingredients you have to avoid? Paraben, fragrance/perfume, formaldehyde, and sulfates are some of the ingredients that should not be found in your skincare product, at all!!
- Don’t Buy Without A Patch Test
If you are buying your product from the store, don’t ever compromise on a patch test. It is necessary to do a patch test right before you purchase the product as it will give you an idea of how effective it will be. If it is irritating your skin or ends up clogging the pores, it is not for you. Simple as that!
The Ultimate Skincare Routine
Before you start surfing the internet searching for the products that best suit your skin type, you should check out digibank by DBS and the fantastic offers it has on beauty, skincare e-commerce stores on their debit cards . You will be able to snag yourself a great deal on all the products you are planning to buy.
These days, both men and women should follow a skincare routine as part of their daily regime. You can sit down and indulge your skin in the famous and simple three-step skincare routine – cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
- Cleansing your skin is essential, and you should go for a cleanser that doesn’t strip your skin of natural oils.
- Up next, comes toning. This is an act of balancing out your skin. Think in terms of a thin and light liquid that pads your skin with extra nutrients which will be essential to hold together your skin’s defenses for the day and the make-up you may or may not apply. Toners for face may differ depending on your skin type and what ingredients brings out that radiance to your face.
- Last but certainly not least is Moisturizing. This is the most essential step to your skincare regime as it helps in hydrating and softening the skin. It is recommended by dermatologists year-round and for all skin types.
If you are committed to having healthy skin, these are the requirements. Once you do start investing time and effort in doing all the research, it will pay up in the long run and help you get that unique skin you have always wanted.
Skincare Products Recommended By Dermatologists